Home Care Physiotherapy
Where appropriate we will teach you relevant physiotherapy for you to do at home between treatments. This will be adapted as your dog changes. We will also discuss your dogs routine and environment at home. We often find small changes can have very positive effects for your dog.
Discussion and advice may include;
- Length and duration of walks
- Type of terrain during walks
- If needed suitable equipment to support your dog at each stage
- Advice on how to lift or assist your dog to stand or walk
- Appropriate boots if digit protection is needed
- Basic appropriate massage techniques
- Passive range of motion exercises
- Active range of motion exercises
- Progressive exercises aiming to optimise your dogs recovery/ quality of life
Home Care for Sport and Working Dogs
For sport and working dog owners we realise that optimising your dogs performance and minimising risk of soft tissue injury is extremely important to you.
We will assess your dog and take into consideration your dogs specific sport. If suitable we will then recommend specific exercises to optimise your dogs training.
When appropriate we teach basic massage techniques to aid recovery from training and minimise risk of injury from work or competition.
Specific exercises aim to improve your dogs
- Overall performance
- And minimise risk of injury
These aim to improve performance and decrease risk of injury.